HD Geosolutions, Inc. (HDGeo) specializes in geotechnical engineering, seismic engineering, quarry reclamation, and forensic engineering. We are seeking Geotechnical Field Technicians for full-time and part-time work in the Greater Los Angeles area. Prior experience is a plus but not required for the right individual. Salary is commensurate with experience and certifications.
Geotechnical Field Technicians are a critical part of the HDGeo team and work closely with Engineering and Geology staff on a variety of projects. This position requires a strong initiative, the ability to perform geotechnical testing, and competency with technical documentation and team communication.
- Understand geotechnical reports and construction drawings.
- Perform geotechnical observation and testing on construction projects to monitor compliance with the above.
- Document field observations and testing in written daily reports.
- Assist with/perform geotechnical sampling and borehole logging.
- Follow safety rules and requirements at job sites.
Prerequisite knowledge, skills and education:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess a strong understanding of basic computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to follow instructions and deal with various personality types.
- Valid driver’s license with excellent driving record.
- Have reliable transportation with the ability to navigate typical construction sites.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Possess a strong work ethic.
- Sustain an acceptable attendance record, work all scheduled and adjusted times, and/or work overtime to accommodate business needs.
- Detailed and results oriented.
- Possess a strong sense of organization and planning.
Preferred knowledge, skills, and expertise:
- Prior geotechnical field, earthwork, or construction experience.
- Ability to use, and has experience with, various hand tools and electric tools.
- Nuclear gauge certification.
- Familiarity with basic geology.
Physical and mental requirements:
- Ability to stand and sit for extended periods of time.
- Able to work outdoors under varying terrain & weather conditions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds in a safe and prudent manner.
- Ability to work and communicate well with other employees and management.
- Ability to perform work utilizing manual dexterity of the hands.
- Ability to reach above and below shoulders, bend, stoop, squat, crouch, climb, kneel, push and/or pull, and twist.
- Ability to read, write, and understand English.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Correctable vision and hearing.
- Ability to drive to and from construction sites in a safe and prudent manner.
- Ability to work any shift (up to 12 hours), holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed.
- Ability to work in a loud/noisy, hot, humid, dusty, construction environment.
- Ability to maintain a strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing required personal protective equipment (PPE).
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee may also be asked to perform other reasonably related job duties as assigned by their immediate supervisor as required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits for full-time employees
- Paid Time Off (varies with full or part-time employment)
HDGeo is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com for consideration. Thank you for your interest.