Our principals have been key to numerous successful seismic upgrades and damage repair projects. Early in their careers, each spent months on structural survey teams at California State University Northridge (CSUN) after the January 1994 Northridge earthquake. Following that effort, they worked on the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum fast-track foundation retrofit that enabled occupancy in time for the LA Raiders’ September home opener.
More recently, our staff has engaged in numerous rehabilitation projects, including the LAX Airport Theme Building Seismic Upgrade, several developments in the LA Arts District, and Mission San Miguel Arcángel, a National Historic Landmark that sustained damage during the 2003 San Simeon earthquake.
Our services include:
- Preliminary consultation (review of original plans and documents,alignment of design objectives with code requirements, review of access conditions for subsurface exploration, etc.)
- Geotechnical exploration and site characterization
- As-built foundation studies in support of structural engineering
- Soil-structure interaction analysis
- Retrofit foundation design and alternatives
- Construction observation and testing